My brother and his cute family live in Malta, Idaho.
As you drive into town you pass a sign that reads.
Malta, Idaho
Population 177
Although, I think that sign is a little outdated it gives you an idea of how small this town is.
We had such a blast spending time with them and their two kids!
They are the cutest little family!
When we got there we checked a few things on the farm and watched Ryker catch a mink.
He is two and held a mink. Crazy!
I wish I had my camera!
Then we went shooting in their backyard. Literally!
We had so much fun and I actually hit a skeet!
Billy shooting the skeet!
My cute sister in-law Desi. Love her!!
My brother Nate
My cute nephew Ryker!
It was a billion degrees so this lovely lady stayed in the air conditioning :)
I love this picture!
It was a little loud for her baby ears :)
Later that night we had a BBQ with his friends
and went to the towns 4th of July festivities.
how cute are they!?!?
They were best buds all weekend.
I love this picture! Just checkin out the cows!
He looks like he could be ours!
Blonde hair and Blue eyes :)
After dinner we headed over to the park for the town celebration.
They had a petting zoo with about 10 different animals
that the kids could play with.
A really old Teeter Totter.
I forgot how fun those are! We had lots of good laughs!
Including this picture! ha ha
They had train rides, free snow cones and cotton candy,
they gave away prizes and she got these funny star sunglasses!
But my favorite of all had to be the Toilet Toss.
Yes, they had a real porcelain toilet that they would throw.
Only in Malta would they have a toilet toss for entertainment.
Here are a few pictures of my brother-
Check out those muscles, face and farmers tan!
He is really becoming a maltan hick!
They finished off the night with a firework show!
It was probably the longest firework show i have ever been to.
They would light about 3 then we would wait 2 minutes and they would light some more.
I think Billy even fell asleep in between the fireworks!
We got a good laugh out of that, but we loved it!
Although it is a VERY small town it really puts things into perspective.
I love that their life was so simplified. They don't need really nice things to be happy or anything grand for entertainment. They have eachother and the gospel and that is all they need. I loved it!
They really depend on eachother and do everything as a family!
Billy is hooked on moving next door to my brother, or any other small town and raising sheep.
When I asked him why he wants to raise sheep he said..
I dont know I just picked something and your dad has every other animal! ha
So, don't be surprised if you see us herding sheep someday!
Thanks Nate and Desi for such a fun weekend!
We love you guys!

I can see it now! Billy the sheep herder. I love it! I love small towns too. We could all move to Leamington together.:)You look like a natural with the gun.
ReplyDelete