Billy & Lexi

Established December 18, 2009

California!

We decided we really needed a vacation, it was pretty spur of the moment but I already got monday off for the fourth so we decided to take tuesday off too! We went down with our really good friends Sam and Shawnee.We left Friday night after Billy got off of work, and drove to Vegas slept for a couple hours and got up at what we thought was 5:30 but forgot about the time change so it was really 4:30. We just wanted to get to our lovely hotel extra early.....




speaking of our hotel... Now looking back it is pretty dang funny but at the time I was so nervous. So of course being poor, we booked the cheapest hotel we could find. Little did us neive newlyweds know we stayed in Inglewood, which is apparently a pretty bad area. And we had a quick reality check as soon as we pulled up to our hotel surrounded with brick walls and barbwire on the top, an electric gate to get into the parking lot and not one american in sight. Lets just say we stood out like a sore thumb! Billy goes to check in, and of course we are begging him to cancel. They wont let us so we decide to go up to our hotel room. We get in.... stains on the carpet, looks like it hadn't been vaccummed in weeks. Billy sits on the bed all we hear is eeee eeee eeee I thought it was going to break! But I was laughing so hard!Then we pull of the bedspread and their was a HUGE hairball. If that wasn't enough we pulled open the Curtains and we don't even have a real window.. Our window is like blinds that can open and shut and not just from the inside!!! That is when I really was really getting nervous. We tried everything to cancel! Its a long story but they were just not helpful and their were so many different nationalities. We go down to the front desk to see if there was anything they could do, and of course the answer was no. But while we are standing there, we see this sign about their rental cars and it says:

CAR RENTALS
International Drivers License------------Okay
Under Age Drivers---------------------Okay
Cash Only-----------------------------Okay

I start laughing so hard, I could not believe it! Under Age Drivers were okay. That is just proof of how unproffesional and trashy our hotel was. It was quite the adventure. Billy and Sam thought we were over exaggerating but I know they were a little nervous to stay their themselves, being little white boys.




After our lovely adventure at the hotel, we needed to get out. We decided we would check out LA and Hollywood.. Which was cool but a little different than everyone talks it up to be. I went a couple years ago with my friends and it seemed a lot better, maybe because we did a lot of shopping!

It didn't take the guys long to decide shopping wasn't their thing and they wanted to head to the beach..


The boys checkin out the waves..



The next day we went to Six Flags, I was so excited to go. Rollercoasters are one of my favorite things. Of course I got sick on the second ride and was shot for the day. But it was all worth it to go on the first ride with Billy. He was pretty nervous.. which was even funnier considering he isn't one to show much emotion. I am not going to lie it was a HUGE straight down drop. We start heading up the tracks and I could tell he was a little nervous. Before we knew it we were on a straight down drop! I look over at billy and he is yelling I CANT BREATHE! ha ha ha It totally took his breath away. He claims that he said that on purpose but I know for fact he didnt! I could not stop laughing the whole ride, everytime I looked over his facials were funnier and funnier. By the time the roller coaster ended I was crying. We get to the photo booth and all of us have our hands up and are having a blast and billy is holding tight to the handles and has a scared look on his face! It was so funny, I am regretting not buying the picture.


We spent the next day back and the beach and just kinda relaxing.


Boogie Boarding
My hot hubby :)
The Cheesecake Factory Mmm Mmm Mmm

 It was so much fun to be able to have a little get away for the weekend. It was much needed and we were so lucky that we got to go and have such a great time! I think we need to make it a tradition :)



3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha.. I am literally laughing out loud. It sounds like you guys had fun! Miss you girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. that made me laugh. Enoch is from there. That is where he grew up. When Jobi goes to visit she says it is sooo scary. She will laugh at this post. and that happened to us one time where the room was nasty and there was a hair ball. We got our money back. We said we can not sleep here it is so nasty. They even admitted to not always cleaning the sheets!! SICK!! That was the last time i booked the cheapest hotel i could find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck! I can't believe your hotel. That is so gross. Did you really end up staying there?:) I wish you would've bought that pic of Billy. Sound like fun! We missed you at the family reunion.

    ReplyDelete